Thursday, November 7, 2013

Word Play Illustrator Progress


This is the progress I've made thus far on my word play project. 


It is based on the bottom sketch on this page. I have made some changes though. First I put the sketch into illustrator and outlined the sketch with the pen tool and used fills. I used blob brush to make the snow. Then I moved the letters farther apart and edited the L into an uppercase L versus the lowercase L just to make it a more recognizable letter form. I also removed the awkward top of the I and made a sun to be the dot above the I. However, I'm not sure if I'll keep it that way. I'm also currently working on illustrating a climber so I'll experiment with how a climber looks on the mountains. I added a shadow for the letter forms at one point but it didn't seem to work very well so I took it out. 

(https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi60MBzyduQEEC7zacfcAcDqJSxyfjUwT-YuXj5aKcA1IHokDIsxw_UYTq-93-ngSH5YRnmKMTQSv3fjjwyUOad7E85oaQ1R4_EmZ9nx6AltjHCHd7vdjUv6wUz3qSMc6G5AuKCHnW93iM/s1600/IMG_0027.jpg)

This is the reference image of a climber that I'm thinking of using. 


No comments:

Post a Comment