Monday, November 4, 2013

Word Art Rough Sketches

Here are some rough sketches that I made of ideas on how to illustrate the word "climb."



The first one here is pretty awful, but I was trying to experiment with a mountain shape. I like the second one in this set though, it's supposed to suggest the climbing of snowcapped mountains. It looks quite clean and straightforward.


This sketch is climb illustrated as stairs.


The top sketch on this set is climb on stairs, which I really don't like. And honestly, I think much more of mountains and trees when I hear climb than I think of ladders. The second two are bad portrayals of climbing trees.


I think this sketch of a climb as illustrated by a child climbing a tree is kind of cute, so I might experiment with that some more.




No comments:

Post a Comment