Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Monogram Practice Sketches


I've sketched various types of monograms now and the funny thing is, I don't think I'm going to end up using the type of monogram that I thought I would. My inspiration which I put on my last post was a very intricate, swirly, feminine monogram (for Atlas Co.). However, I think my favorite sketch is the the third monogram from the left in the fourth row from the top. I like it because it's bold and it stands out. It looks sort of abstract, but upon second glance the letters (SKB) are clearly recognizable. It reminds me of a very simplified chinese or japanese artist's or carver's seal, which I also really like because I enjoy Asian art and culture a lot. 
I found this example picture on a custom Handmade Stamps website. (http://www.handiwork.asia/0308.php?Action=Links)


1 comment: